Six-member team brings deep experience and success with over $1.5 billion in transactions
SEATTLE, Washington – August 15, 2022 – Cushman & Wakefield announced that a six-member multi-family brokerage team led by Tim McKay, Sam Wayne, Dan Chhan and Matt Kemper has joined the firm in Seattle, Washington. The market-leading team has closed over 225 sales totaling nearly 10,000 residential units with a total transaction value exceeding $1.5 billion, including existing and new multi-family development sites.
“We are delighted to have this dynamic team join Cushman & Wakefield. Their successful investment sales practice is now combined with our robust multi-family platform: top debt professionals, a massive property management portfolio and our recent addition of the O’Connor Consulting Group team, the leading practice assessment and multi-family advice in the region. Our fully integrated platform will enable our investor clients to exceed their business plan goals, which is always our number one goal,” said John O’Neill, President, US Multifamily Capital Markets at Cushman & Wakefield.
Specializing in institutional and private equity, the team’s primary role is to provide comprehensive solutions to multi-family investors and developers. As a customer-centric team, they have a reputation for going above and beyond and bringing tremendous commitment and execution intensity to everything they do. The team leverages market intelligence, sophisticated analytics, deep relationships and a tailored approach to help clients maximize returns while minimizing risk.
The team joins Cushman & Wakefield from Colliers and includes:
- Tim McKay, General Manager: McKay has been focused on multi-family investment sales in Seattle for 15 years. His unwavering commitment and drive for his clients’ success has helped build many long-term relationships with investors.
- Sam Wayne, General Manager: Wayne has been structuring investment sales for over 15 years. He is responsible for some of Seattle’s largest and most creative apartment development and sales site assemblies.
- Dan Chan, General Manager: Chhan has been at the forefront of Seattle’s multifamily development community for 12 years. He is the go-to market expert in the University District.
- Matt Kemper, Senior Director: Kemper has focused on capital markets for the multifamily real estate industry for over 12 years in Seattle and Puget Sound. His sophisticated expertise in financial modeling and capital markets helps position assets for maximum value.
- Adam Groberman, Partner: Groberman specializes in selling investments to private clients in Seattle. He was involved in all facets of multi-family investing during his fledgling career.
- Emily Skadan, Marketing Program Manager: Skadan helps oversee marketing campaigns with several deal coordinators, financial analysts, and marketers.
“We are thrilled to welcome this high caliber sales team to strengthen and deepen our multifamily services capabilities in the Puget Sound market, and further reflects our commitment in the Pacific Northwest to providing our customers with top talent. and a comprehensive approach to service delivery. said Alison Beddard, Cushman & Wakefield’s general manager for Washington State. “Furthermore, the values and culture of this team and their commendable dedication to the community fit perfectly at Cushman & Wakefield.”
On behalf of the team, Sam Wayne said: “We are delighted to announce our arrival on the Cushman & Wakefield Capital Markets platform. Our team will continue to be a leading provider of multi-family investment sales in Seattle and Western Washington as Cushman & Wakefield continues to grow at an exciting rate nationally. »
The team has won numerous awards as a group and individually for their achievements in the industry.
Over the past year, their most notable sales transactions in Puget Sound have included:
- $138.1 million sale of The M Seattle, a luxury high-rise student accommodation next to the University of Washington that sold for a record price per square foot for the city.
- $53 million sale of Keelson Ballard, a mid-sized, more basic investment located in the heart of Ballard.
- $44 million sale of the Stream Belmont & Stream 15 portfolio, consisting of two prime apartment buildings on the podium on Capitol Hill.
- $39.5 million sale of the Shelton & Inspire portfolio, including two core-plus podium apartment buildings located in Eastlake and Fremont.
- $33 million sale of the Campus & Manor portfolio comprising two value-added mid-rise apartment buildings in the University District.
- $20 million sale of a new 5-lot high-rise assembly, zoned for a 240-foot-high multi-family development adjacent to the University of Washington.
- $14 million sale of a new high-rise development site, zoned for a 240-foot-high multi-family development adjacent to the University of Washington.
It should be noted that the team also strongly believes in giving back to their community and helping others and have helped support several charitable causes such as Community Roots Housing, Habitat for Humanity, WestSide Baby, West Seattle Food Bank and Helpline and Seattle Urban. Academy.