– Initial unemployment claims Inincrease by 23,000 at 230,000 for the week ending January 8.
– A update on what States have or plan to send stimulus checks
– Some on social security could see their benefit drop to $1,657 due to the COLA 2022.
– Golden State’s latest round of stimulus checks have now been distributed
– IRS tax filing season is about to begin January 24: everything you need to know about Government aid and tax declarations 2021
– Congress may include covid-19 stimulation funding in the government spending bill
– Head of the IRS chuck rettig on the 2022 tax season: “The pandemic continues to create challenges”
– Medium Social security benefit will be increase about $92 this year, thanks to the increase in COLA 2022
– Up to $8,000 in stimulus payments may be claimed by some households this year
Useful information and links:
Child tax credit
– No child tax credit payments to be sent in January after Senate fails to pass Build Back Better bill
– Is the Child tax credit yet to be extended after the Senate failed to approve the Build Back Better bill last month?
— Senator Manchin has his say on President Biden’s future Building back better proposals?
– The report confirms that the boston bomber received a stimulus check
– How many stimulus checks have been approved in the last 12 months?
– Social Security beneficiaries are in line for a COLA increase, but could they also get a additional $200this month?
– What does the 5.9% increase in COLA does it mean for Social Security recipients?